September 28, 2020
Warsaw Central School District Family Members:
We are extremely excited to have the opportunity to move forward with athletics even if on a limited basis. Boys/Girls Soccer and Cross Country began practice September 21, 2020 with the corresponding Modified Sports to start September 28, 2020.
This document outlines some important protocols to safely restart our athletic program and adheres to NYSPHSAA and DOH guidelines. As with our School Reopening Plan, this plan will take cooperation and patience as guidance changes and we are forced to make adjustments. Please be aware that we will update our plan as necessary and it should be considered an appendix of District Reopening Plan.
These are important guidelines that must be followed by all Warsaw Spectators:
- We are still awaiting “final clarification” from the DOH on how many spectators are allowed at a home event. (It is possible that each athlete will be given 2 passes to distribute. The pass must be shown at the gate for admittance to the contest.)
- Spectators must attest to a health screen before they enter each contest.
- Spectators must maintain a 6 foot distance from others at all times.
- Spectators are required to wear masks, until they are seated and at least 6 feet away from others.
These are important guidelines that must be followed by all Warsaw Athletes for participation:
- Masks are to be worn at all times. A mask will be provided by the school.
- Athletes must maintain a 6 foot distance from others, whenever possible. ( locker room, bench area, etc..)
- No food is allowed to be consumed on school buses.
- At venues that allow visiting spectators, athletes are encouraged to ride home from games with their parents to help limit contact time and improve social distancing.
- All athletes should be ready to play when they show up at school for a game. Locker room usage is very limited. No one is allowed in the locker room after a practice or game.
Adhering to these guidelines will make it possible to restore opportunities for student-athletes.
Note: Our guidelines will not be identical to other schools. Therefore, when our athletes, coaches and parents are guests of neighboring schools, they must adhere to the guidelines of that school.
We look forward to the safe return of our interscholastic athletics programs.
Superintendent of Schools